HSVR BBP Facilitator Pkg
Expect Shipping Delays
- This product is not available to purchase online
- Request more information
The AHA's Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens Course has been updated to reflect updates to the Occupational Exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens Standard (29CFR 1910.1030), which is published by the US Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
The AHA's Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens Course teaches employees how to protect themselves and others from being exposed to blood or blood-containing materials. This course is designed to meet OSHA requirements for bloodborne pathogens training when paired with site-specific instruction.
Upon completion of this course, students receive a course completion certificate that can be presented to their employer. There is no skills test or skills demonstration at the end of this course; however, the AHA provides an optional written exam if the employer requires an exam for completion.
After successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Explain the importance of taking the Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens Course
- Define bloodborne pathogens
- Describe the four main steps for staying safe when facing an occupational exposure
- Discuss how universal precautions, personal protective equipment, and handwashing can protect them from infection
- Recognize warning signs and labels for biohazards
- Recall how to safely remove gloves
- Discuss how to dispose of sharps and other blood-containing items
- Identify the types of spills and methods to clean them
- Discuss their exposure control plan
The Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens Facilitator Packageincludes essential information facilitators or AHA Instructors need to teach AHA’s Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens Course.
Following are the specifications for the Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens Facilitator Package:
- Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens Facilitator Manual
- 8.375” x 10.875” manual
- Includes 20 pages of full-color images and text
- Saddle-stitched, full-color soft cover
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens DVD
- Run time: 22:33 minutes
- Content: Introduction, Protect, Act, Clean, Tell
- Packaged in white envelope with cellophane window
- English Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens poster (AHA product#15-1037; also sold separately in package of 5)
- Shrink Wrapped
The Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens Course was designed specifically for workers with a reasonable chance of coming into contact with bloodborne pathogens such as correctional officers, childcare workers, security guards, maintenance workers, school personnel, hotel housekeepers, health and fitness club staff, and tattoo artists.
The Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens Facilitator Package is for use by facilitators and AHA Instructors to conduct the classroom-based Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens Course.