PEARS Provider Manual G2015
- This product is not available to purchase online
- Request more information
Sign in to add this item to your favourites list.
The AHA’s PEARS Course has been updated to reflect new science in the 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC. This classroom, Instructor-led, video-based course teaches healthcare providers caring for pediatric patients the foundational skills needed to assess, recognize, and participate in the initial management of respiratory and/or cardiovascular emergencies and cardiopulmonary arrest. During the course, case-based instruction will be used to teach students to provide appropriate lifesaving interventions within the initial minutes of response until the child is transferred to an advanced life support provider.
The goal of the PEARS Provider Course is to improve outcomes for pediatric patients by preparing healthcare providers in assessment, early recognition, prompt communication, and initial intervention in patients with respiratory emergencies, shock, and cardiopulmonary arrest by using high-performance team dynamics.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to
· Perform BLS consistent with the 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC)
· Evaluate a seriously ill or injured child by using the pediatric systematic approach
· Apply effective team dynamics
· Demonstrate initial stabilization of a seriously ill or injured child, including a child with cardiac arrest, respiratory distress, or shock
Students who successfully complete the PEARS Course (including achieving a score of 84% or higher on the course exam) will receive a PEARS Provider course completion card (print or eCard), valid for two years.Product Specifications:
The PEARS Provider Manual is for use by a single student and provides information needed before, during, and after class. A code within the manual also provides access to the PEARS student website, which contains additional information and reference materials to help students successfully complete course requirements.
Following are the specifications for this manual: · 8.375” x 10.875” manual
· Includes 208 pages of full-color images and text
· Bound within a full-color soft cover · Includes 4" x 6.5", 4-panel PEARS Pocket Reference Card (product 15-1053; also sold separately) o Content includes:
Vital Signs in Children
Pediatric Systematic Approach Summary Pediatric Systematic Approach Algorithm Identifying Respiratory Emergencies
Pediatric Management of Respiratory Emergencies Flowchart Identifying Circulatory Emergencies (Shock)
Pediatric Management of Shock Flowchart
BLS Healthcare Provider Pediatric Cardiac Arrest Algorithm for the Single Rescuer— 2015 Update · Includes 1 sheet of tab labels
· Shrink-wrappedIntended Audience:
The AHA’s PEARS Course is for healthcare providers and others who might encounter pediatric emergency situations during their work, including:
· Physicians and nurses not specializing in pediatrics
· Nurse practitioners
· Physician assistants
· Emergency medical technicians
· Respiratory therapists
· Prehospital and in-hospital healthcare providers (outside of critical-care areas)
· Outpatient clinic staff
· School-based providers
Continuing Education (CE) Information:
Continuing Education Accreditation – Emergency Medical Services
This continuing education activity is approved by the American Heart Association, an organization accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Pre-Hospital Continuing Education (CAPCE), for 7.25 Advanced CEHs, activity number 17-AMHA-F2-0024.
Replaces old part #90-1061