Start Your 30-day Free Trial Offer Today
Help ensure your students build confidence and preparedness for practice
Designed to simulate real nursing scenarios, vSim for Nursing, co-developed with Wolters Kluwer Health, allows students to interact with virtual patients in a safe, realistic online environment. Based on National League for Nursing (NLN) scenarios, students will access curriculum resources and practice patient-centered care for a variety of case studies.
Get FREE Access to the Implementation Guide for Faculty
The guide provides strategies for use of vSim® for Nursing in programs across all types of nursing education. It provides faculty with ideas to integrate vSim into existing curricula and offers ways to develop and/or enhance current teaching strategies. The guide is based on data collected from faculty who participated in pilot testing of vSim for Nursing | Medical-Surgical during spring 2014 and who submitted feedback to the National League for Nursing. These faculty members provide instruction in a wide array of classroom, clinical, lab, and simulation settings.
Medical-Surgical Scenarios that currently exist as Laerdal simulator scenarios
- Carl Shapiro Acute Myocardial Infarction – Ventricular Fibrillation
- Doris Bowman Post-op Abdominal Hysterectomy – Opioid Intoxication
- Jennifer Hoffman Acute Severe Asthma
- Kenneth Bronson Pneumonia – Severe Reaction to Antibiotic
- Lloyd Bennett Post-op Hip Arthroplasty – Blood Transfusion Reaction
- Marilyn Hughes Lower Leg Fracture – Compartment Syndrome
- Skyler Hansen Diabetes – Hypoglycemia
- Stan Checketts Preoperative Bowel Obstruction – Fluid & Electrolyte Imbalance
- Vernon Watkins Post-op Hemicolectomy – Pulmonary Embolism
- Vincent Brody COPD – Spontaneous Pneumothorax