2019 Las Vegas SUN Press Release
Healthcare Simulation Experts From Across the Country Meet at Laerdal Medical Event
The Simulation User Network (SUN) Conference Begins October 2nd in Las Vegas
WAPPINGERS FALLS, NY, September 5, 2019 – Healthcare is gaining huge benefits by using simulation to more quickly and efficiently train providers. In an effort to ensure that best practices are shared across the medical simulation community, Laerdal Medical hosts the Simulation User Network (SUN). The last SUN for 2019 will be held on October 2nd to 4th, at the M Resort in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The speakers at the SUN bring with them a wealth of experience, knowledge, and expertise. They will leading over 30 educational sessions and three keynote sessions. Keynote speakers at this upcoming SUN are:
- Louis P. Halamek, M.D., Professor in the Medical Center Professoriate in the Division of Neonatal and Developmental Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, and the Division of Maternal-Fetal Medicine, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics (by courtesy) at Stanford University.
- Cythia Shum, Cynthia Shum, DNP, MEd, RN, CHSE-A, Veterans Hospital Palo Alto, Director of Education and Operations, Simulation (Full-time);California Simulation Alliance, Faculty
- Susan Forneris, PhD, RN, CNE, CHSE-A, Deputy Director at the Center for Innovation in Simulation and Technology/NLN Excelsior Simulation Scholar for the National League for Nursing
Sessions are designed for novices and experts alike, with a heavy emphasis on giving attendees tools and information to use back at their organizations. Some upcoming session titles are:
- Building a Simulation Program from the Ground Up
- Simulation on a Budget: Making Impact with Low-Fidelity Simulators
- Critical Thinking About Healthcare Errors and the Impact of Teams
- Engaging Student Learning with Debriefing
The theme for this SUN is “Making Learning Stick.” Learn more here.
Danica McDonough, Media Relations
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: (845) 297-7770