Real-World, Evidence-Based Scenarios
Adaptive, interactive virtual simulations with integrated curriculum resources and personalized feedback provide a full simulation learning experience for every student to promote confidence and competence in patient-centered care. The vSim for Nursing | Maternity solution features 10 virtual patients from the National League for Nursing (NLN) Simulation in Nursing Education - Obstetric Scenarios:
- Amelia Sung (Core) - Delivery with Risk of Shoulder Dystocia
- Amelia Sung (Complex) - Shoulder Dystocia
- Brenda Patton (Core) Group B Strep Positive
- Brenda Patton (Complex) Unknown Group B Strep Status
- Carla Hernandez (Core) Preparation for C-section due to Umbilical Cord Prolapse
- Carla Hernandez (Complex) Umbilical Cord Prolapse
- Fatime Sanogo (Core) Mild Postpartum Hemorrhage
- Fatime Sanogo (Complex) Moderate Postpartum Hemorrhage
- Olivia Jones (Core) Mild Preeclampsia
- Olivia Jones (Complex) Severe Preeclampsia
Nursing students develop clinical reasoning skills by prioritizing and implementing actions within several dimensions, including:
- Safety Measures – Practice safe procedures
- Communication – Interact with the patient through questions that result in text and audio responses.
- Assessments – Conduct specific physical assessments
- Interventions – Take action with the patient to improve their health status
- Drugs and IV Management – Administer medication according to provider orders
- Tests and Diagnostics – Perform lab or diagnostic tests to support clinical decisions
- Search - Find available interactions to take with the patient
- Electronic Health Record - Reference provider orders and patient information to influence decision making
- Call Provider - Request additional information during the scenario
- Patient Handoff - End the scenario at any time
Unique, Personalized Learning
vSim for Nursing allows each student to have a different experience with the patient. By recording interactions throughout the patient care scenario, the personalized feedback log is generated, customized to the user experience, Each time students repeat the scenario, they will receive a personal feedback log outlining their clinical reasoning choices.
- vSim Score – Immediate feedback calculated based on severity of errors
- Main Opportunity for Improvement – Identify key focus areas
- Basic View - Review a timeline of student actions with feedback and remediation
- Detailed View - View patient status at the time of student actions
Gratis guide for læreplanintegrasjon
Vurderer du å implementere vSim for Nursing i dine eksisterende læreplaner? Last ned gratis veiledning for å integrere virtuell simulering i ditt program.
Ønsker du mer informasjon?