Helping you teach ventilation management
– from basic to advanced
Ventilators are becoming increasingly sophisticated, and each type and brand has multiple options of ventilation modes. Combined with a wide range of respiratory conditions a patient might have, it is even more challenging to ensure clinical competency among clinicians responsible for ventilation management.
ASL 5000 Lung Solution is a breathing simulator intended for high-fidelity ventilation management training in respiratory care, critical care, pulmonology, anesthesia, and emergency medicine. It can simulate any respiratory condition you may encounter, on any ventilator in any mode of ventilation.
This solution enables you to integrate advanced ventilation management training with Laerdal’s SimMan, Nursing Anne Simulator and SimBaby, all controlled with the LLEAP software. ASL 5000 can also be used as a task trainer for ventilator operation, waveform analysis, and equipment onboarding.
Train without compromise
Any patient. Any ventilator. Any mode.
Advanced ventilation management
Expose your learners to highly realistic interactions on real ventilators such as patient-ventilator synchrony issues, air trapping, ventilator triggering, and evidence of a ready-to-wean patient.
Familiarize staff with advanced ventilators and complex modes to increase competency and proficiency.
Reduce patients' time on ventilators by practicing ventilation management in a realistic and safe setting. Train your staff to properly diagnose and treat critical conditions that rarely happen.
Simulator and task trainer
High fidelity training for improved ROI
Made for Laerdal simulators
Replicate all types of respiratory conditions on SimMan, Nursing Anne Simulator or SimBaby. Run it all with Laerdal’s LLEAP simulation software.
Use ASL 5000 to expand on SimMan, Nursing Anne Simulator or SimBaby’s training possibilities. It seamlessly integrates with both simulator, ventilator and patient monitor for advanced ventilation training.
Simulator and skill trainer in one
Use ASL 5000 as a stand-alone skill trainer by directly connecting it to a ventilator. Or use it for team training and quality improvement initiatives with a ventilator connected to a simulator.
From neonatal to adult simulation
The next best thing to a human lung
- Achieve a highly realistic ventilator response.
- Holds PEEP at any clinical level.
- It can simulate a patient who is breathing spontaneously while being ventilated.
- Has the ability to simulate any respiratory condition, without any compromise.
- Supports clinicians in all respiratory treatment modalities, including bag-valve-mask ventilation, non- invasive ventilation, airway management, mechanical ventilation, and anesthesiology.
- Shows evidence of ready-to-wean patients.
“The ASL Lung Solution is a win-win for everyone and changes the whole education model. It opens up an entirely new avenue for any of the hospital staff to take advantage of this training opportunity.”
Bill Garrison, BS ACCS-RRT RCP
Simulation Lab, St. Elizabeth Healthcare
Watch our on-demand webinars
[On-Demand Webinar] How to use scenarios to simulate invasive care and the management of a ventilated patient due to COVID-19
Help prepare your team to develop clinical knowledge, competence, and confidence to manage severe cases of a patient suffering from COVID-19 using the ASL 5000™ Lung Solution.
On-Demand Webinar: Managing a Pneumothorax with the ASL 5000™ Lung Solution for SimMan®
Learn how to manage a tension pneumothorax scenario and assess the patient’s condition using the LLEAP Patient Monitor and a real ventilator.
Training for Interdisciplinary ARDS Care, Using the ASL 5000™ Lung Solution for SimMan®
In this free, 30-minute webinar, you will see how SimMan and the ASL 5000 Lung Solution can be used to develop clinical and teamwork skills for ARDS treatment.
Using the ASL 5000™ Lung Solution for SimMan® to Manage a Post-Op Patient
On-Demand Webinar from June, 2018. Learn how to conduct a post-op ventilator management scenario with this collaboratively developed solution integrating IngMar Medical's ASL 5000™ Lung Solution with Laerdal Medical's SimMan® platform.
The ASL 5000™ Lung Solution developed in collaboration with Laerdal, allows you to integrate the world’s most realistic breathing simulator, the ASL 5000™, with SimMan 3G, SimMan ALS, SimMan Essential/Essential Bleeding , SimMan 3G Trauma, Nursing Anne Simulator, and SimBaby. Use your SimMan, Nursing Anne Simulator or SimBaby to conduct basic to advanced ventilation management training in anesthesia, critical care, emergency medicine, pulmonology, and respiratory care.
- Ventilator-grade spontaneous breathing (passive to 100 bpm) with Muscle Pressure:
- SimMan/Nursing Anne Simulator: 0 to -100 cmH₂O
- SimBaby: 0 to -30 cmH₂O
- Tidal Volume 2.5 L
- Bi-lateral and uni-lateral chest rise synchronized with breath rate and depth of respiration – SimMan and SimBaby
- Bi-lateral chest rise synchronized with breath rate - Nursing Anne Simulator
- Connect to any ventilator – just as you would a real patient
- Use with any mode of ventilation including Pressure/Volume Control, Pressure Support, Jet
- Ventilation, APRV, PAV, HFOV, NIV, SIMV
- SimMan/Nursing Anne Simulator: 0.5 to 250 mL/cmH₂O
- SimBaby: 0.5 to 15 mL/cmH₂O
- SimMan/Nursing Anne Simulator: 8 to 150 cmH₂O/L/s
- SimBaby: 23 to 250 cmH₂O/L/s
- Holds PEEP from 0 to > 20 cmH₂O
- Easily activate pre-programmed respiratory conditions with variable levels of severity including Normal, Asthma, ARDS, Interstitial Lung Disease (ILD), COPD, respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), and broncho-pulmonary dysplasia (BPD)
- Lung parameters can be changed during scenario remotely, which have an immediate impact on the ventilator
- Set independent inspiratory and expiratory resistances
- Fully integrated with LLEAP interface (version 6.3 or higher for SimMan, version 6.7 or higher for SimBaby and version 7.0.1 for Nursing Anne Simulator) to provide learners with additional patient information such as blood pressure, heart rate, SpO₂, etCO₂, respiratory rate, lung sounds and more
- Simulate scenarios with a spontaneously breathing patient supported on a ventilator. View ASL 5000-created patient-ventilator interactions
- Adjustable (I:E) ratio. Inspiratory Time from 0 to 20 seconds and Expiratory Time from 0 to 20 seconds
- Real-time display of waveforms and graphics
- Create and save an unlimited number of user-defined respiratory conditions including pneumothorax, bronchospasm, pneumonia, cough, cystic fibrosis, flash pulmonary edema, and more.
- Simulate scenarios where patient conditions change over time