SimPad PLUS with SkillReporter demonstration
How to easily set up QCPR manikin training
SimPad PLUS with SkillReporter facilitates real-time feedback, records data and calculates overall performance for thorough training and debrief on CPR performance.
A purpose built and easy-to-use device
- This rugged, handheld device is easy to set up and use, as shown in the videos to the right.
- SkillReporter is built upon the SimPad PLUS which was developed by Laerdal especially for Simulation and CPR training.
- SimPad PLUS with SkillReporter connects with Resusci Anne QCPR (including QCPR AED and QCPR D) and Resusci Baby QCPR.
- Both products can be connected via USB cable and the Resusci Anne can also connect wirelessly. A router can be used to secure wireless connectivity when multiple manikins are being used.
Easy to understand, real time feedback
SimPad PLUS with SkillReporter software provides comprehensive, easy-to-use feedback for enhanced QCPR training. During training the operator will be able to monitor the following metrics for up to 6 manikins simultaneously:
- Compression rate and depth
- Correct release for each compression
- Correct hand position
- Frequency and length of interruptions
- Appropriate ventilation volume
- Automatic and manual annotation of key events during CPR simulation
If required, training can be run in Assessment Mode so that no live feedback is given but data is recorded for the assessment debrief.
User friendly and tailored debriefing that highlights areas for improvement
- SimPad PLUS with SkillReporter calculates an overall performance score, and summarises areas for improvement, from the data obtained during training.
- Detailed data can be accessed easily from the performance summary so that precise feedback can be given in the areas where improvement is needed. This flexibility enables trainers to provide tailored feedback for each student to learn and improve CPR performance.
- Data and reports can be easily transferred to a PC for ease of viewing, printing and backup storage with the free Session Viewer software available in the downloads section.
Full control of the training session
In addition to all feedback and debriefing functionality, SimPad PLUS with SkillReporter allows instructors to:
- Manage the cardiac rhythms for live defibrillator use.
- Control AED Trainer 2 and AED Trainer 3 remotely (via the Laerdal Link system)
- Adjust limits and thresholds for compressions and ventilations (European Resuscitation Council (ERC) / American Heart Association (AHA) Guideline presets included)