Nursing Baby training includes sounds auscultation, IV and IO skills, fontanel assessment, urinary catheterization and general pediatric patient care. This infant is unrivaled for clinical training in core pediatric in-hospital clinical skills.
*The SimPad PLUS System is required for operation of the Nursing Baby SimPad Capable Simulator. Sold separately.
- Educationally effective for training of in-hospital infant skills
- Pre-programmed scenarios provide standardized training while customizable scenarios and real-time instructor control allows adaptation to meet individual student’s needs
- Effective education in the special care of infant patients
- Economical and educationally efficient skills and scenario-based trainer for care and management of a variety of common and uncommon in-hospital infant patients in multiple clinical settings and hospital transport
- Durable, rugged and lifelike; made to withstand years of use
- Normal, bulging and depressed fontanels for assessment and diagnosis
- Head with anatomical landmarks, trachea and esophagus along with simulated lungs and stomach allow the practice of many procedures, including NG, OG, tracheal care and suctioning
- Articulating IV arm and IV leg allow for practice of IV cannulation, medication administration, site care and maintenance
- Medication and fluid administration through intraosseous infusion allowed via tibia access with landmarks at the tibial tuberosity and medial malleolus
- Gastrostomy tube opening for care and feeding
- Presents normal and abnormal heart, breath, and bowel sounds for auscultation
- Interchangeable genitalia allows for urinary catheterization with fluid return, rectal temperature simulation, and administration of suppositories