General patient care and clinical training in women's health
A manikin designed for scenario-based training in the care and management of a wide variety of in-hospital patients. Practice key skills in everything from basic patient care to advanced nursing skills with Laerdals Nursing Anne female training manikin.
Nursing Anne allows you to use the same manikin to practice important patient care as well as more specific clinical skills regarding women's health such as breast exams mastectomy care and fundus assessment. We recommend taking a look at our training manikin Nursing Kelly if you are curious about a male training manikin that suits training needs for general patient care.
Watch a Nursing Anne Demonstration
Practice skills within:
Tracheostomy care and tracheal suctioning
Head with anatomical landmarks, trachea and esophagus, along with simulated lungs and stomach allow the practice of tracheal care and suctioning.
NG tube insertion care
NG and OG care including medication administration and removal; gastric lavage and gavage.
Articulating IV training arm allows peripheral intravenous therapy with IV bolus or push injection. Venipuncture possible in the antecubical fossa or dorsum of hand.
Interchangeable genitalia with connectors & urinary and colon reservoirs facilitate urologic care procedures and gastrointestinal procedures.
Tailor your training with the optional training modules
By adding training modules geared towards specific learning objectives, like postsurgical mastectomy care, it becomes easy to upgrade Nursing Annes basic platform so that the model of an adult female patient is complete. Choose between the following training modules:
Get the most out of your training with SimPad PLUS
As well as scenario administration, SimPad PLUS can be used to control the vital signs of a simulated patient, supervise the simulation and provide feedback on students performance by recording every event during a simulation.
Ensure consistent treatment by using scenarios in training
By using SimPad PLUS along with pre- programmed scenarios you ensure consistent, standardized training.
This allows students and teachers to repeat the same situation again and again, establishing correct patient care every time.
It is possible to purchase a number of pre-programmed scenarios, specially developed for use with Nursing Anne. Many of these scenarioes are specifically geared towards womens health. It is also possible to tailor the scenarios to meet the needs of individual students. This way every student has the oportunity to meet the relevant clinical requirements.
NursingAnne is a manikin designed for scenario-based trainingfor the care and management of a wide variety of in-hospital patients. Anne is an efficient, effective, flexible manikin for clinical training in women's health and may be used for optional modules for obstetrics, post-partum, wound assessment and care.
Head with anatomical landmarks, trachea, and esophagus, along with simulated lungs and stomach, allow the practice of many procedures:
- Irrigation of the eye and ear (simulated)
- Application/instillation of medications in the eye, ear and nose including nasal packing
- Mouth and denture care procedures
- Insertion and suctioning of oropharyngeal and nasopharyngeal airways
- Insertion, securing, and care of endotracheal tubes
- Tracheostomy care and tracheal suctioning
- Various oxygen delivery procedures
- NG tube insertion, care, medication administration, and removal
- Gastric lavage and gavage
- Subclavianand Hickman catheter openings (placement only)
- Manually generated carotid pulse
- Injection sites include deltoid, bilateral thigh, dorsal gluteal and ventral gluteal
- Full range of motion for realistic patient handling
- Abdominal plate with interchangeable stomalocationsdepicting colostomy, ileostomy and suprapubic cystotomy
- Colostomy may be irrigated and will retain an indwelling catheter
- Fingers and toes are spread to allow bandaging
Interchangeable Male and Female Genitalia
- Can be attached to urinary and colon reservoirs via connector valves
- Urinary valves give the natural resistance felt when catheterizing
- Complete urinary catheterization
- Female genitalia capable of vaginal douching
- Will retain indwelling or straight catheter
- Anal valves simulate the internal anal sphincter
- Enema procedures may be performed using fluid for realistic return
- When used with manikin, fluid may be used for realistic return
Articulating IV Training Arm (Left)
- Allows peripheral intravenous therapy and site care
- Venipuncture is possible in the antecubital fossa and dorsum of the hand
- Accessible veins include median, basilic and cephalic
- Replaceable skin and infusible vein system
SimPad® PLUS System Capabilities
A SimPad PLUS System is required for operation of the NursingAnne SimPad Capable. The SimPad PLUS System is sold separately. See the SimPad PLUS System page for more information.
- Heart sounds synchronized with programmable ECG
- Auscultated lung sounds synchronized with breathing rate, 0 - 60 BPM
- Individual lung or bilateral sound selection
- Normal or abnormal bowel sounds
- Vocal sounds – computer-generated sounds, recorded vocal sounds and real-time voice input (via headset, sold separately)
Synchronized with programmable ECG
- Aortic Stenosis
- Friction Rub
- Austin Flint Murmur
- Diastolic Murmur Mi Stenosis
- Systolic Murmur
- Mitral Valve Prolapse
- Opening Snap @ 70 msec
- Normal Heart Sounds
Synchronized with breathing rate, 0 – 60 bpm
Individual lung or bilateral sound selection
- Coarse Crackles
- Fine Crackles
- Pleural Rub
- Normal Breath Sounds
Normal and abnormal bowel sounds
- Hyperactive Bowel
- Hypoactive Bowel
- Fetal Normal 140 BPM
- FetalBrady 100 BPM
- FetalTachy 200 BPM
- No Sound
- Normal Bowel
Computer-generated sounds, recorded vocal sounds and real-time voice input (via headset, sold separately)
- SOB Breathing
Blood Pressure / Pulses
- Articulating blood pressure arm (right)for auscultated and palpated blood pressure simulation
- Korotkoff sounds synchronized with programmable ECG
- Korotkoff sounds volume control in 10 steps, 0-9
- Systolic and diastolic pressure may be set individually in steps of 2mmHg
- Systolic 0-300mmHg, Diastolic 0-300 mmHg
- Auscultative Gap, with on/off feature
- Pressure accuracy +/- 2mmHg
- Calibrate function to adjust pressure sensor and cuff gauge
- Palpated pulse simulator controls brachial and radial pulses
- Pulses only active when palpated
- Pulses synchronized with programmable ECG
- Pulse strengths dependent or independently set
- Brachial pulse off when BP cuff pressure is above 20mmHg
- Radial pulse off when BP cuffpressure is above systolic BP level
Scenario / Logging Functions
- Utilize SimDesigner, a PC software tool, for creating Automatic Mode Scenarios with States, Interventions, Trends and Handlers
- Utlilze Theme Editor, a PC software tool, for developing Manual Mode Themes with States and Interventions
- Upload Scenarios and Themes from a PC via a USB or download scenarios directly from SimStore.
- Download log files to a PC (using SimViewer software) to view/print/save or import to SimView and SimManager
- All interventions, vital signs and notes are time stamped and will be captured in the SimPad data log
- The SimPad log files can be viewed on the SimPaddevice or on a PC for post-simulation reflection and debriefing
Nursing Anne SimPad Capable Includes:
Adult, Full-body Feale Manikin
Female Multi-Venous IV Training Arm - Left
Female Blood Pressure Training Arm - Right
Assembly Tool Kit
NursingAnne is available in Light, Tan, and Brown skin tones.
Wound Care & Assessment Set
- Various wounds can be added to male patient care manikins for realism in wound assessment and patient care scenarios.
- Wound Care Set also available in brown and tan skin tones
Fundus Skills and Assessment Upgrade Module
- Features the normal anatomy of the status-post or post-partum abdomen designed for training fundus assessment and massage skills.
-Fundus Skills and Assessment Modulealso available inbrown and tan skin tones
Mastectomy Upgrade Module
-A post-operative left total mastectomyfor practice ofnursing interventionsincluding assessment, dressing change and drain care
-Mastectomy Modulealso available inbrown and tan skin tones
Breast ExamUpgrade Module
- Facilitates training in the recognition of breast disorders, sizes of nodules and relative locations found during breast examinations.