Privacy Notice – Laerdal Innovation Network
Privacy Notice – Laerdal Innovation Network
This notice sets out essential details relating to the collection and processing of your personal information in connection with Laerdal Innovation Network activities. The goal of this notice is to:
- Help you understand what personal information we collect about you, for what reason, and how we share it.
- Explain how we handle your personal information and how we protect your privacy.
- Inform you about your rights and choices in relation to your personal information we collect and process.
Please note that participation in all activities, as well as sharing of your personal information, is completely voluntary. These activities are not directed to individuals under the age of 18 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under the age of 18.
Who is making decisions on what personal information to collect and how to use it?
The party responsible for the processing of your personal information is:
Laerdal Medical AS
Tanke Svilands gate 30
(hereinafter “Laerdal”, “us” “we”)
Why are we processing your personal information and what are we processing?
The chart below specifies a) purposes for your personal information processing; b) types of personal information we process; and c) our legal basis under data protection laws for processing your personal information.
Categories of Personal Information
To inform product and service research and development
|Identification Data, Feedback on Laerdal Products and Services||
Legitimate Interest – GDPR, Article 6(1)(f)
Legitimate Interest: identify product and service improvement opportunities in order to 1) improve and develop products and services that align with customers and end-users needs and expectations; 2) improve your experience when using Laerdal products and services; 3) grow our business.
|Add you to the Laerdal Innovation Network in order to contact and inform you about the opportunities to participate in activities relating to research, development and improvement of Laerdal’s products and services||Identification Data, Contact Details, Employment Data||
Consent – GDPR, Article 6(1)(a)
Who we share your personal information with?
We might share or disclose your personal information with the following groups of recipients:
Service Providers - In order to conduct the activities e.g. interviews and analyze the obtained information in the form of photography, video or audio recording we collaborate with service providers. They perform certain tasks on our behalf, such as storing or processing of personal information in connection with user interviews. For example, these are companies such as Microsoft that help us record the interviews or Dovetail that allows us to efficiently extract the value from the interviews. We have concluded contracts with our Service Providers to ensure a high level of security and data protection. Your personal information will only be used for the identified purposes above and Service Providers are explicitly prohibited from using personal information for their own benefit.
Laerdal Group Companies and Partners – We might share your personal information with affiliates and subsidiaries within the Laerdal group companies and selected partners in order to fulfill the processing purposes identified above.
International data transfers
Please note that we may transfer your personal information outside of your country of residence in order to fulfill the above-mentioned processing purposes. In such a case we will ensure that all personal information transfers are carried out in compliance with applicable laws. For example, in case that your personal information is transferred outside the European Economic Area we will rely on the European Commission’s 2021 Standard Contractual Clauses, or other applicable data transfer mechanisms or safeguards. We may also transfer your personal information to countries that have been determined by the European Commission to have an adequate level of data protection (the list of the adequate countries can be found here). If you would like to obtain a copy of the safeguards, we use to transfer personal information outside of your jurisdiction, please find our contact details in “How to contact us” section.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We will keep your personal information only for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the processing purpose described in this notice. This means that the latest 30 days after the processing purpose is fulfilled, we will either delete your personal information by relying on a technical method that makes recovery or retrieval of such information impossible or render data no longer personally identifiable by removing certain data categories that identify you.
Your rights in relation to the personal information processing we perform
The General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter “GDPR”) and California Consumer Privacy Act (hereinafter ”CCPA”) give a number of rights to individuals in relation to their personal information. You have the following rights in relation to your personal information that you can exercise any time:
- Right of Access – You have the right to ask us if we have your personal information. In case we do have your personal information, you have the right to request us to hand over the copies of your personal information.
- Right to Rectification – You have the right to request that we rectify your personal information when the data is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to Erasure – You have the right to request that we delete your personal information under certain circumstances.
- Right to Restriction of Processing – You have the right to request that we stop the processing of your personal information under certain circumstances.
- Right to Data Portability – In general you have the right to request that we transfer personal information we have on you to another organization or you. However, since our processing of personal information is based on our legitimate interest, the right to data portability does not apply.
- Right to Object to Processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information at any time. Please note that this right does not apply if we can demonstrate strong and legitimate reasons to continue using your data.
- Right to Withdraw Consent – Please note that you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. After receiving the notification, we will stop processing your personal information. This will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent.
Please note that this list may not be exhaustive. This means that you may have additional rights in accordance with your local laws.
How to contact us?
If you would like to exercise any of your rights or if you have a privacy or data protection concern, complaint, question or perhaps the information provided in this notice is not sufficient, please contact us at [email protected] or submit your request via our privacy portal. We will not discriminate against any consumer for exercising their rights under the CCPA or any other applicable law. In case you are not satisfied how we handle your personal information, you have the right to lodge a complaint to the Norwegian Data Protection Authority (Datatilsynet) or to your local data protection authority.
If you would like to learn more about our privacy practices, please visit our general Privacy Statement.