(1911-1944) Purple Heart
Captain George Andrew Rader
Captured in 1942, he established a hospital that cared for 2000 prisoners. At great risk to his life and despite unconscionable treatment, Rader put all his energies into obtaining medical supplies and caring for his fellow captives. Among CPT Rader’s namesakes are the Andrew Rader Health Clinic at Ft. Meyer and a newly opened Patient Simulation Training Unit at Catawba Valley Community College.