The Fundus Skills and Assessment Module in brown skin tone features the normal anatomy of the status-post or post-partum female abdomen designed for training fundus assessment and massage skills.
- Educationally effective for in-hospital practice of postpartum physical assessment including identification and treatment of normal and abnormal assessment findings
- Flexible module designed for teaching:
- Interventions for excessive postpartum bleeding including fundal massage and prevention of bladder distention
- Accurate visual examination of postpartal blood loss
- Perineal care including interventions for episiotomy and hemorrhoids
- Removable skin with umbilicus
- Realistic landmark of the symphysis pubis
- Interchangeable firm contracted and "boggy" uteri
- Approximately a 3" diameter ball to simulate a firm, well contracted uterus
- Approximately a 4" diameter ball to simulate a "boggy" uterus that has not contracted
- Fundus offset secondary to bladder distention
- Female Genitalia
- Elongated with swelling to the clitoral area
- Vaginal orifice is more visible and opened
- Labium minus more flapped to expose the vaginal canal
- 2nd-degree midline episiotomy
- Anal hemorrhoids visible
- Use of peri pads and simulated blood allows for representation of blood loss after birth for practice of visual estimation skills
Includes: 1 Abdominal/Pelvis Skin, 1 Fundus Platform, 1 Contracted Uterus (3" ball), 1 Boggy Uterus (4" ball), 1 Female Genitalia, 1 Symphysis Pubis (Pelvic Pin), 1 Urinary Bladder Reservoir, 3 Urinary Connector Valves, 2 Clamps, 1 Bottle Red Simulated Blood, 5 Peri Pads, 1 Bottle Talcum Powder and Directions for Use
*Module is compatible with Nursing Anne and Female Complete Care Doll manikins.
*See the Fundus Skills and Assessment Trainer (375-22501) for a complete listing of parts and consumables.