Improve Core Pediatric Skills
Realistically representing a six-year old child, Nursing Kid is designed for skill and scenario-based training of the care and management of a variety of pediatric patients. This child is ideal for clinical training of common and uncommon in-hospital pediatric patients including wound assessment and care, first aid, and child abuse training.
Educationally Effective Training
Nursing Kid provides training targeting key skills specific to pediatric care providers. Nursing Kid is designed to meet the training requirements for pediatric patient care and helps facilitate delivery of consistent simulations into nursing curricula.
Nursing Kid Features:
|Articulating IV arm allows for practice of IV cannulation, medication administration and site care and maintenance. Venipuncture possible in the antecubital fossa and dorsum of the hand. Accessible veins include median, basilic and cephalic.
||Interchangeable male and female genitalia allow for complete urinary catheterization. Enema procedures may also be performed.
|Head with anatomical landmarks, trachea, and esophagus along with simulated lungs and stomach allow the practice of many procedures, including NG, OG, tracheal care and suctioning, and insertion, securing and care of endotracheal tubes.
||Optional Pediatric Trauma Modules add realism to the training scenario.
Making Simulation Easier with the SimPad® PLUS System
Nursing Kid operated via the SimPad PLUS System will improve your ability to deliver highly effective simulation based training and achieve your learning objectives.
SimPad PLUS System features:
- Handheld, intuitive touchscreen remote for easy 'pick up and play' experience
- Operate on-the-fly or utilize Scenarios and Themes for consistent simulation training
- Optimal data capture for quality debriefing
- Mobile - teach anywhere
- Optional patient monitor provides clinical realism
Learn More about the SimPad PLUS System >
Creating An Environment For Success
For the simulation novice to sophisticated developers, SimCenter has the tools and services to help every user realize their full potential. Visit mysimcenter.com to learn how to optimize your simulation training using SimCenter and Nursing Kid.
Access to validated, standardized content from industry experts | Learn More >
A suite of online tools that allows you to fully optimize your entire simulation center operation | Learn More >
An integrated debriefing solution giving you the ability to study simulation events more closely | Learn More >
Nursing Kid (p/n 350-05050) is a training manikin realistically representing a six-year old child. He is designed for skill and scenario-based training of a complete range of pediatric care procedures.
Nursing Kid Includes: Full-body Pediatric Manikin, Multi-Venous IV Training Arm, Manikin Lubricant, Simulated Blood, Hospital Gown and Directions for Use
* SimPad PLUS System (200-34001) and LLEAP for SimPad PLUS software (204-50150) is required for operation. Sold separately.
Nursing Kid is available in Light, Tan, and Brown skin tones.
Nursing Kid Features:
- Irrigation of the eye and ear (simulated)
- Nasal packing
- Ear, eye, nose and mouth care
- Gastric lavage and gavage
- Full range of motion for realistic patient handling
- Dressing and bandaging techniques possible
- Pediatric transfer techniques possible
- Insertion, securing and care of endotracheal tubes
- Insertion and suctioning of oropharyngeal and nasopharyngeal airways
- Tracheostomy care and tracheal suctioning
- NG tube insertion, care and removal
- Various oxygen delivery procedures
- Manually generated carotid pulse
- Interchangeable male and female genitalia with connector valves and urinary and colon reservoirs
- Complete urinary catheterization
- Will retain indwelling or straight catheter
- Enema procedures may be performed
- Articulating IV arm with replaceable skin and infusible vein system allows peripheral intravenous therapy and site care
- Venipuncture possible in the antecubital fossa and dorsum of the hand
- Accessible veins include median, basilic and cephalic
- Thigh, deltoid, and gluteal intramuscular injections (unilateral)
SimPad PLUS System Capabilities (required for operation– sold separately)
The system shall have the ability to simulate the following parameters:
- Heart sounds synchronized with ECG
- Auscultated lung sounds synchronized with breathing, 0 - 60 BPM
- Individual lung sound selection
- Normal or abnormal bowel sounds
- Vocal sounds: Computer-generated sounds, recorded vocal sounds and real-time voice input via headset
- Download log files to a PC to view/print/save or import to SimView and SimManager for post-simulation reflection and debriefing
- Upload Scenarios and Themes from a PC via a USB or download scenarios direclty from SimStore
- Utilize SimDesigner, a PC software tool, for creating Automatic Mode Scenarios with States and Interventions, Trends and Handlers.
- Utilize Theme Editor, a PC software tool, for developing Manual Mode Themes with States and Interventions.
- Store approximately 100 Themes, Scenarios, and Log files on the SimPad device.
Patient Monitor (Optional)
- Touchscreen simulated patient monitors provides concise clinical feedback for physiological parameters.
- The monitors color screen is configurable and provides multiple simulated parameters, each presenting multi-level alarms
- Simulated parameters include HR, ECG, SpO2, BP, RR, Temperature, and etCO2.