Build competencies and prepare for real-life emergencies
From pre-hospital, on scene assessment and management to definitive care in a hospital, SimMan ALS can fulfil the unique training requirements of emergency healthcare providers.
SimMan ALS is designed to strengthen skills in:
- Airway management
- Breathing assessment
- Palpation and auscultation
- Fluid resuscitation
- ECG interpretation
- Ultrasound assessment and diagnosis
SimMan ALS can be used for the complete training of the American Heart Association (AHA) Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Course as well as a wide range of skills from basic assessment to critical care.
Making In situ Simulation Easier
Realistic, in situ simulation has been found to have a positive impact on learners' reactions, changes in safety attitudes, organizational performance and teamwork.
SimMan ALS has a mobile, durable, and self-contained design allowing training to take place in clinically realistic environments. Used with SimPad PLUS or a LLEAP PC, SimMan ALS can be operated wirelessly for “on the move” simulation.
Expand training opportunities according to your training needs
Pairing SimMan ALS with optional, complementary products can help make the simulation more clinically relevant to a wide range of healthcare disciplines. SimMan ALS allows you to integrate the latest technologies into your training programs when needed.
Ultrasound diagnostics training
SonoSim® technology has been integrated into the SimMan ALS chest/abdomen skin. This makes it easy to include diagnostic ultrasound featuring real ultrasound cases with pathological findings into full-scale simulations.
The Laerdal-SonoSim Ultrasound Solution is only available for LLEAP PC operation. An additional purchase is required for SonoSim system and the patient cases and scenarios.
Learn more about our Laerdal-SonoSim Ultrasound Solution >
Enhanced defibrillation training
Pairing ShockLink™ with SimMan ALS enables the use of a live defibrillator with training pads. Training events such as time spent administering CPR, to placing the pads correctly and delivering a shock with minimal interruptions will automatically be captured in the SimPad PLUS or LLEAP data log for assessment and debrief.
An additional purchase of a ShockLink would be required.
Learn more about ShockLink and the compatible defibrillators >
Clinical monitoring with VitalsBridge™
Bridge the gap between SimMan ALS and available clinical patient monitors.
VitalsBridge is only available during LLEAP PC operation. An additional purchase is required for the VitalsBridge unit and Services.
Learn more about VitalsBridge and the compatible monitors >
Operation and debriefing options
Operate using SimPad® PLUS
SimPad PLUS provides instructors an intuitive interface to easily control and deliver highly effective simulation based training when and where you need it.
SimPad PLUS with the LLEAP for SimPad software license is required for operation in this configuration. SimMan ALS is not compatible with the classic SimPad remote.
Learn more about SimPad PLUS >
Operate using a LLEAP Instructor PC
Operate SimMan ALS, as well as all other Laerdal PC-operated simulators, with LLEAP software. LLEAP brings simplicity to running simulation training and efficiencies to the management and development of scenarios.
The LLEAP Instructor PC will communicate with the built-in SimPad PLUS link box, allowing the simulator to respond to clinical interventions, instructor control or pre-programmed scenarios.
The LLEAP software license is required to use LLEAP with PC-operated simulators.
Learn more about LLEAP and PC options >
Capture, share and debrief training sessions using synchronized audio, video, and simulation information from one of Laerdal’s debriefing options:
- SimView™ - an integrated debriefing solution giving you the ability to study simulation events more closely.
- SimView™ Mobile - the perfect option for debriefing on-the-go- the system is portable, lightweight and easy to set up
- Session Viewer - enables audio and video capture from 1 HD USB web camera synchronized with the SimPad PLUS or LLEAP data log
Laerdal Services support you all the way
The Laerdal Services portfolio offers comprehensive Educational Services to support your implementation goals, and extensive Technical offerings to meet your simulator servicing needs.
From simulator installation through to helping you realize your learning objectives, Laerdal Services are available to help make your simulation-based training program a success.
Information on training services and technical offerings can be found under the "Courses" and "Services" tabs to the left of the page.
Creating An Environment For Success
From simulation novices to sophisticated developers, SimCenter has the tools and services to help users realize their full potential. Visit laerdal.com/SimCenter to learn how to optimize your simulation training using SimCenter and SimMan ALS.
Access to validated, standardized content from industry experts
Learn More >
A suite of online tools that allows you to fully optimise your entire simulation center operation
Learn More >
An integrated debriefing solution giving you the ability to study simulation events more closely
Learn More >
Anterior and posterior lung sounds
CPR measurement and scoring
Cyanosis linked to vital signs
Pneumothorax with unilateral chest movement
Prepared for ultrasound diagnostic and enhanced defibrillation training
Vascular access - IV and IO
• Completely wireless and self-contained
• Internal electrical and pneumatic power
• Supplemental wired connectivity and power
• Wirelessly integrates with existing computer networks
• Possibility to attach an additional battery on the side to extend the use
• Rugged and reliable for use in multiple environments
Multiple Airway Skills/Features:
• Controllable open/closed airway; automatically or manually controlled
• Head tilt/Chin lift
• Jaw thrust w/articulated jaw
• Suctioning (Oral & Nasopharyngeal)
• Bag-mask ventilation
• Orotracheal intubation
• Nasotracheal intubation
• Combitube, LMA, I-gel and other airway placement
• Endotracheal tube intubation
• Retrograde intubation
• Fiberoptic intubation
• Transtracheal jet ventilation
• Needle cricothyrotomy
• Surgical cricothyrotomy
• Airway resistance - 3 settings (Open/Medium/Closed)
• Right main stem intubation
• Stomach distention
• Tongue fallback
• Tongue edema
• Simulated spontaneous breathing
• Bilateral and unilateral chest rise and fall
• Normal and abnormal breath sounds
• Lung auscultation sites: posterior and anterior sites
• Oxygen saturation and waveform
• Needle thoracentesis – bi-lateral
• Unilateral & Bilateral chest movement
• Chest tube insertion – bilateral
• Extensive ECG library
• Heart sounds
• ECG rhythm monitoring (4 wire)
• 12 lead ECG display
• Defibrillation and cardioversion with live shock – ShockLink™ (purchased separately)
• BP measured manually by auscultation of Korotkoff sounds
• Carotid, femoral, radial pulses synchronized with ECG
• Pulse strength variable with BP
• Pulse Palpation is detected & logged
• Pre-ported IV access (right arm)
• Intraosseous access (tibia)
• Compliant with 2010-2015 Guidelines
• CPR compressions generate palpable pulses, blood pressure wave form, and ECG artifacts
• Realistic compression depth and resistance
• Detection of depth, release and frequency of compressions
• Manually set to: Open, closed and partially open
• Set of interchangeable pupils
• Foley catheterization without urine output
• Prepared for diagnostic ultrasound training using the Laerdal SonoSim Ultrasound solution (separate purchase required, for LLEAP operation only)
• Patient Voice
• Pre-recorded sounds
• Custom sounds
• Instructor can simulate patient’s voice wirelessly
• Wireless PC or SimPad PLUS controls simulator remotely
• Control simulations from anywhere on your network
• Manual Mode
• Precise control “on the fly”
• Automatic Mode
• Run pre-packaged scenarios
• Unique, simple controls increase/decrease difficulty & pace
• Integrated video debriefing
• Data logging
• Instructor comments
• Scenarios available on SimStore™
• Highly configurable
• Parameters included with LLEAP operation:
• ECG (2 traces)
• Anesthetic Agent
• Cardiac Output
• Temperature (core & peripheral)
• Additional and programmable parameters
• 12 Lead ECG Display
• X-Ray Display
• Custom Image Display
• Custom Video Display
• Parameters included with SimPad PLUS operation:
• UL, CE, FCC, CSA, HMR
SimMan ALS includes:
• SimMan ALS Manikin
• SimPad PLUS Link Box and Lithium Ion Battery
• Set of Accessories
• 2 Soft Sided Transportation Cases
• Specially Designed Clothing
• 1 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
• Operating system:
• LLEAP PC or SimPad Plus controller
• Simulated Patient Monitor & Software
• SimView™ or SimView™ Mobile
• Scenarios and scenario packages are available on SimStore™
• 1 or 2 Day Introductory Training Course
• Advanced Scenario Programming Course
• Custom One Day Training Package
• Custom Scenario Development Package
• On Site Installation
• Extended Warranty
• Preventative Maintenance
• Loaner Program
• ValuePlus Service Packages
* Services available may differ between countries