HSVR 1st Aid- Online rpls 90-1400
Item number: 15-1402
- This product is not available to purchase online
- Request more information
Heartsaver First Aid Online is the eLearning portion of the Heartsaver First Aid blended learning course, designed to teach students the cognitive information needed for first aid training. Upon completion of the online portion, students must complete a hands-on session with an AHA BLS or Heartsaver Instructor.
Upon successful completion of both portions of the course, students receive a Heartsaver First Aid course completion card, valid for two years.
After successfully completing this course, students should be able to:
- List the priorities, roles, and responsibilities of the first aid rescuer
- Describe the key steps in first aid
- Remove protective gloves
- Find the problem
- Describe the assessment and first aid actions for the following life-threatening conditions: heart attack, difficulty breathing, choking, severe bleeding, shock, and stroke
- Use an epinephrine pen
- Control bleeding and bandaging
- Recognize elements of common injuries
- Recognize elements of common illnesses
- Describe how to find information on preventing illness and injury
- Recognize the legal questions that apply to first aid rescuers
- Students have the convenience of completing the course at their own pace at work, home, or wherever Internet access is available
- Can be used for initial or renewal training
- Includes interactive exercises and videos to engage students and provide periodic points of knowledge transference
- Certificate of completion available to print when the online portion has been completed successfully
- Students have access to all information in the online portion for 24 months after activation of their key to help reinforce what they have learned
- Includes audio and transcript for students who may have a hearing or visual disability
- Screen and text-sized options help meet diverse learning needs
- Navigation controls provide students with the flexibility to move easily through content and customize their learning experience
Technical Specifications: Minimum technical requirements are available at https://elearning.heart.org/static/technicalspecs
Intended Audience: Heartsaver courses are intended for are designed for anyone with little or no medical training who needs a course completion card for job, regulatory (e.g., OSHA), or other requirements. These courses can also be taken by anyone who wants to be prepared for an emergency in any setting.
Continuing Education Information: Continuing Education Accreditation: General Audience The American Heart Association has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
The American Heart Association is authorized by IACET to offer 0.3 CEUs for this program.
ISBN # 978-1-61669-442-5
Replaces old part # 90-1400
Beginning October 3, 2017, the AHA’s suggested retail price (SRP) of the Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED, CPR AED, First Aid, and Pediatric First Aid CPR AED student course completion cards/eCards will be increased, while the SRP of related student online courses and student workbooks/eBooks will be reduced. The shift is designed to make the student workbooks more accessible as a valuable reference tool before, during, and after training as required by the AHA Program Administration Manual.