HSVR BBP Online 2015
- This product is not available to purchase online
- Request more information
The AHA's Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens Online Course has been updated to reflect updates to the Occupational Exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens Standard (29CFR 1910.1030), which is published by the US Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
The AHA's Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens course teaches employees how to protect themselves and others from being exposed to blood or blood-containing materials. This course is designed to meet OSHA requirements for bloodborne pathogens training when paired with site-specific instruction.
Upon completion of the online course, students receive a course completion certificate that can be presented to their employer. There are no skills test or skills demonstration at the end of this course; however, the AHA provides an optional written exam if the employer requires an exam for completion.
After successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
· Explain the importance of taking the Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens Course
· Define bloodborne pathogens
· Describe the four main steps for staying safe when facing an occupational exposure
· Discuss how universal precautions, personal protective equipment, and handwashing can protect them from infection
· Recognize warning signs and labels for biohazards
· Recall how to safely remove gloves
· Discuss how to dispose of sharps and other blood-containing items
· Identify the types of spills and methods to clean them
· Discuss their exposure control plan
· Students have the convenience of completing the course at their own pace at work, home, or
wherever Internet access is available
· Can be used for initial or renewal training
· Certificate of completion available to print when the online portion has been completed successfully
· Students have access to all information in the online portion for 24 months after activation of their key to help reinforce what they have learned
· Includes audio and transcript for students who may have a hearing or visual disability
· Screen and text-sized options help meet diverse learning needs
· Navigation controls provide students with the flexibility to move easily through content and customize their learning experience
Minimum technical requirements are available at https://elearning.heart.org/static/technicalspecs
The Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens Course was designed specifically for workers with a reasonable chance of coming into contact with bloodborne pathogens such as correctional officers, childcare workers, security guards, maintenance workers, school personnel, hotel housekeepers, health and fitness club staff, and tattoo artists.
Continuing Education Information:
Continuing Education Accreditation: General Audience
The American Heart Association has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
The American Heart Association is authorized by IACET to offer 0.5 CEUs for this program.