PEARS Instructor Ess G2015, OnlineAHA
The PEARS Instructor Essentials Course is designed to prepare instructor candidates to teach the AHA's Instructor-led PEARS Course. The course educates instructor candidates on how to adequately use AHA Instructor teaching materials, ensure that students meet learning objectives, offer student coaching skills, provide an objective skills performance evaluation, and follow AHA Instructor and course policies.
- This product is not available to purchase online
- Request more information
Allow 24-48 hrs for processing.
PEARS Instructor Essentials Online is the self-directed, online portion of the PEARS Instructor Essentials Blended Learning Course. It covers the components of the instructor cycle, including Prepare, Teach, Test & Remediate, Close, and Keep Current. It includes core information about instructing AHA courses, followed by course-specific information for PEARS.
Below are detailed specifications for this product:
• Self-paced, accessible wherever Internet access is available
• Presented in two parts: Core and PEARS; both must be completed unless Core has been completed as part of previous AHA Instructor training
• Includes interactive exercises and videos
• Includes Resource Center with access to AHA’s Program Administration Manual, the PEARS Instructor Candidate Workbook, the PEARS Instructor Essentials Classroom Checklist, and quick links to the AHA Instructor Network and cpr.heart.org
• Certificate of completion available to print when the online portion has been completed successfully; certificate must be presented for access to the hands-on, Faculty-led session
• Students have access to all information in the online portion for 24 months after activation of their key to help reinforce what they have learned
• Includes audio and subtitles for students who may have a visual or auditory disability
• Continued education credits available
This course must be completed by candidates who wish to become AHA PEARS Instructors. Also, all AHA PALS Faculty (Regional and Training Center) who conduct PEARS Instructor Courses must complete PEARS Instructor Essentials Online prior to conducting PEARS Instructor training.
Continuing Education (CE) Information
In support of improving patient care, the American Heart Association is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team
AMA Credit Designation Statement – Physicians
The American Heart Association designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
AAPA Credit Acceptance