HSVR Instr Essentials Online
Heartsaver® Instructor Essentials Online
- This product is not available to purchase online
- Request more information
Sign in to add this item to your favourites list.
Allow 24-48 hrs for processing.
Heartsaver Instructor Essentials Online is the self-directed, online portion of the Heartsaver Instructor Essentials Blended Learning Course. It covers the components of the instructor cycle, including Prepare, Teach, Test & Remediate, Close, and Keep Current. It includes core information about instructing all AHA courses, important instructor competencies, and program administration, followed by more in-depth course-specific information for
• Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED
• Heartsaver First Aid
• Heartsaver CPR AED
• Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED
• Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens
• Self-paced, accessible wherever Internet access is available
• Presented in two parts: Core and Heartsaver; both must be completed
• Includes interactive exercises and videos
• Includes Resource Center with access to AHA’s Program Administration Manual, the Heartsaver Instructor Candidate
• Workbook, the Heartsaver Instructor Essentials Classroom Checklist, and quick links to the AHA Instructor Network
• Certificate of completion available to print when the online portion has been completed successfully; certificate must
• Students have access to all information in the online portion for 24 months after activation of their key to help
• Includes audio and subtitles for any students who may have a visual or auditory disability
• Continuing education credits available
NOTE: After completing the online portion of this course, you must complete a hands-on session (sold separately) with an AHA Training Center to obtain a course completion card. Contact an AHA Training Center in your area for more details or to schedule a hands-on session.
This course must be completed by candidates who wish to become AHA Heartsaver Instructors. Also, all AHA Faculty (Regional and Training Center) who teach Heartsaver Instructor Courses must complete the online portion of Heartsaver Instructor Essentials.
Continuing Education (CE) Information
The American Heart Association is accredited by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
AMA Credit Designation Statement - Physicians
The American Heart Association designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
AAPA Credit Acceptance Statement – Physician Assistants
AAPA accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME or a recognized state medical society. Physician assistants may receive a maximum of 1.00 hour of Category I credit for completing this program.
AANP Credit Acceptance Statement – Nurse Practitioners
American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) accepts AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM from organizations accredited by the ACCME. **AMA Credit must be claimed within 6 months of participation. CME/CE will no longer be available to claim after the 6 months claiming period.
ANCC Credit Designation Statement – Nurses
The maximum number of hours awarded for this CE activity is 1.00 contact hour.
**ANCC Credit must be claimed within 6 months of participation. CME/CE will no longer be available to claim after the 6 months claiming period.
ACPE Credit Designation Statement – Pharmacists
ACPE Credit: 1.00 Contact Hour Universal Program Number: 0256-0000-17-004-H04-P
**ACPE Credit must be claimed within 30 days of participation. ACPE credit will no longer be available to claim after the 30-day period has elapsed.
Continuing Education Accreditation – Emergency Medical Services
This continuing education activity is approved by the American Heart Association, an organization accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Pre-Hospital Continuing Education (CAPCE), for 1.00 Educator CEH, activity number 17-AMHA-F3-0007.
**CAPCE credit must be claimed within 6 months of attendance. CME/CE credit will no longer be available to claim for this activity after the 6 month claiming period.