ACLS Instr Ess Online **email Reqd,
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Instructor Essentials Online
- This product is not available to purchase online
- Request more information
Allow 24-48 hrs for processing.
The ACLS Instructor Essentials Course is designed to prepare instructor candidates to teach AHA Instructor-led and blended learning courses. The course educates instructor candidates on how to adequately use AHA Instructor teaching materi¬als, ensure that students meet learning objectives, offer student coaching skills, provide an objective skills performance evaluation, and follow AHA Instructor and course poli¬cies. The course covers core content and discipline-specific content required to teach AHA courses.
The ACLS Instructor Essentials Course is taught in a blended-learning format. AHA ACLS Instructor candidates must complete the online portion, fol¬lowed by the hands-on session conducted by ACLS Training Center Faculty.
Prior to taking this course, candidates must have a current ACLS Provider course completion card. Candidates who successfully complete the ACLS Instructor Essentials Course, followed by course monitoring, will receive an ACLS Instructor card, valid for two years. ACLS Instructors are then able to teach ACLS Provider courses and conduct HeartCode ACLS Hands-on Sessions.
ACLS Instructor Essentials Online is the self-directed, online portion of the ACLS Instructor Essentials Blended Learning Course. It covers the components of the instructor cycle, including Prepare, Teach, Test & Remediate, Close, and Keep Current. It includes core information about instructing AHA courses, followed by course-specific information. ACLS Instructor Essentials Online covers
• ACLS Provider Instructor-Led Training (ILT)
• HeartCode ACLS Blended Learning
Below are the detailed specifications for this product:
• Self-paced, accessible wherever Internet access is available
• Presented in two parts: Core and ACLS; both must be completed unless Core has been completed as part of previous AHA Instructor training
• Includes interactive exercises and videos
• Includes Resource Center with access to AHA’s Program Administration Manual, the ACLS Instructor Candidate Workbook, the ACLS Instructor Essentials Classroom Checklist, and quick links to the AHA Instructor Network and cpr.heart.org
• Certificate of completion available to print when the online portion has been completed successfully; certificate must be presented for access to the hands-on, Faculty-led session
• Students have access to all information in the online portion for 24 months after activation of their key to help reinforce what they have learned
• Includes audio and subtitles for any students who may have a visual or auditory disability
• Continued education credits available
This course must be completed by candidates who wish to become AHA ACLS Instructors. Also, all AHA ACLS Faculty (Regional and Training Center) who conduct ACLS Instructor Courses must complete ACLS Instructor Essentials Online prior to conducting ACLS Instructor training.
Continuing Education (CE) Information
The American Heart Association is accredited by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
AMA Credit Designation Statement – Physicians
The American Heart Association designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
AAPA Credit Acceptance Statement – Physician Assistants
AAPA accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME or a recognized state medical society. Physician assistants may receive a maximum of 1.25 hour of Category I credit for completing this program.
AANP Credit Acceptance Statement – Nurse Practitioners
American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) accepts AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by the ACCME.
**AMA Credit must be claimed within 6 months of participation. CME/CE will no longer be available to claim after the 6 months claiming period.
ANCC Credit Designation Statement – Nurses
The maximum number of hours awarded for this CE activity is 1.25 contact hours.
**ANCC Credit must be claimed within 6 months of participation. CME/CE will no longer be available to claim after the 6 months claiming period.
ACPE Credit Designation Statement – Pharmacists
ACPE Credit: 1.25 Contact Hours. Universal Program Number: 0256-0000-17-003-H04-P
**ACPE Credit must be claimed within 30 days of participation. ACPE credit will no longer be available to claim after the 30-day period has elapsed.
Continuing Education Accreditation – Emergency Medical Services
This continuing education activity is approved by the American Heart Association, an organization accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Pre-Hospital Continuing Education (CAPCE), for 1.25 Educator CEH, activity number 17-AMHA-F3-0005.