BLS Instructor Essential Online
Basic Life Support (BLS) Instructor Essentials Online (2015 Guidelines)
- This product is not available to purchase online
- Request more information
Sign in to add this item to your favourites list.
This is a non-returnable/non-refundable item. All sales are final.
Allow 24-48 hrs for processing.
BLS Instructor Essentials Online is the self-directed, online portion of the BLS Instructor Essentials Blended Learning Course.
It covers the components of the instructor cycle, including Prepare, Teach, Test & Remediate, Close, and Keep Current. It
includes core information about instructing AHA courses, followed by course-specific information. BLS Instructor Essentials
• BLS Provider Instructor-Led Training (ILT)
• HeartCode BLS Blended Learning
• Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED ILT and Blended Learning
• Heartsaver CPR AED ILT and Blended Learning
• Heartsaver First Aid ILT and Blended Learning
• Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED ILT and Blended Learning
Below are the detailed specifications for this product:
• Self-paced, accessible wherever Internet access is available
• Presented in two parts: Core and BLS; both must be completed
• Includes interactive exercises and videos
• Includes Resource Center with access to AHA’s Program Administration Manual, the BLS Instructor Candidate
Workbook, the BLS Instructor Essentials Classroom Checklist, and quick links to the AHA Instructor Network and
• Certificate of completion available to print when the online portion has been completed successfully; certificate must
be presented for access to the hands-on, Faculty-led session
• Students have access to all information in the online portion for 24 months after activation of their key to help
reinforce what they have learned
• Includes audio and subtitles for any students who may have a visual or auditory disability
• Continued education credits available
This course must be completed by candidates who wish to become AHA BLS Instructors. Also, all AHA Faculty (Regional and Training Center) who conduct BLS Instructor Courses must complete BLS Instructor Essentials Online (core and BLS modules) prior to conducting BLS Instructor training.
Continuing Education (CE) Information
The American Heart Association is accredited by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the Accreditation
Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), to provide
continuing education for the healthcare team.
AMA Credit Designation Statement – Physicians
The American Heart Association designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
AAPA Credit Acceptance Statement – Physician Assistants
AAPA accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from
organizations accredited by ACCME or a recognized state medical society. Physician assistants may receive a maximum of
0.50 hour of Category I credit for completing this program.
AANP Credit Acceptance Statement – Nurse Practitioners
American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) accepts AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM from organizations accredited by
**AMA Credit must be claimed within 6 months of participation. CME/CE will no longer be available to claim after the 6 months