Spanish ACLS Provider Manual eBook
Spanish Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Provider Manual eBook
- This product is not available to purchase online
- Request more information
Sign in to add this item to your favourites list.
Allow 24-48 hrs for processing.
The ACLS Provider Manual contains all of the information students need to know to successfully complete the Instructor-led, classroom ACLS Course. It is designed for use by a single student, and as a reference tool before, during and after the course. Before the course, students should read the ACLS Provider Manual, complete the mandatory Precourse Self-Assessment modules on the Student Website (www.heart.org/eccstudent), identify any gaps in knowledge, and remediate those gaps by studying the applicable content in the ACLS Provider Manual or other supplementary resources, including the Student Website. A passing score for the self-assessment is 70% and students will need to bring their Precourse Self-Assessment certificate to class.
For successful course completion, students must demonstrate skills competency in all learning stations, pass the high-quality BLS skills test, bag-mask ventilation with OPA/NPA insertion skills test, and the Megacode test. They also must pass the ACLS exam with a score of 84% or higher. Upon successful completion, students receive an ACLS course completion card.
After successfully completing the ACLS Course, students should be able to:
• Apply the BLS, Primary, and Secondary Assessments sequence for a systematic evaluation of adult patients
• Perform prompt, high-quality BLS, including prioritizing early chest compressions and integrating early automated external defibrillator (AED) use
• Recognize and perform early management of respiratory arrest
• Discuss early recognition and management of ACS and stroke, including appropriate disposition
• Recognize and perform early management of bradyarrhythmias and tachyarrhythmias that may result in cardiac arrest or complicate resuscitation outcome
• Recognize and perform early management of cardiac arrest until termination of resuscitation or transfer of care, including immediate post–cardiac arrest care
• Evaluate resuscitative efforts during a cardiac arrest through continuous assessment of CPR quality, monitoring the patient’s physiologic response, and delivering real-time feedback to the team
• Model effective communication as a member or leader of a high-performance team
• Recognize the impact of team dynamics on overall team performance
• Discuss how the use of a rapid response team or medical emergency team may improve patient outcomes
• Define systems of care
The ACLS Provider Manual eBook is the electronic equivalent of the AHA’s ACLS Provider Manual. It offers an alternative to the printed course manual.
In the ACLS Provider Manual eBook there is a separate supplementary tool included, the digital ACLS Pocket Reference Card Set, which is a set of 2 cards: ACLS Cardiac Arrest, Arrhythmias & their Treatment; and ACLS Acute Coronary Syndromes and Stroke. This is the electronic equivalent of the ACLS Pocket Reference Card set and will be automatically included with the purchase of the ACLS Provider Manual eBook.
The ACLS Course is designed for healthcare professionals who either direct or participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest or other cardiovascular emergencies. This includes personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care, and critical care units such as physicians, nurses, and paramedics, as well as others who need an ACLS course completion card for job or other requirements.
Please go to https://ebooks.heart.org/staticcms/support and click on “technical requirements” to get the most recent technical specifications