SP HS FA CPR AED Instr Instructor Manual ebook
Item number: 15-2323
Heartsaver® First Aid CPR AED Instructor Manual eBook
- This product is not available to purchase online
- Request more information
Allow 24-48 hours for processing.
The AHA's Heartsaver First Aid and CPR AED courses have been updated to reflect new science in the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care and the 2015 American Heart Association and American Red Cross Update for First Aid.
Heartsaver courses are designed to prepare students to provide first aid, CPR, and automated external defibrillator (AED) use in a safe, timely, and effective manner. These courses are designed to be flexible and customizable with optional modules.
At the end of the Heartsaver CPR AED Course, students will be able to:
• Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
• Explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
• Recognize when someone needs CPR
• Perform high-quality CPR for an adult
• Describe how to perform CPR with help from others
• Give effective breaths by using mouth-to-mouth or a mask for all age groups
• Demonstrate how to use an AED on an adult
• Perform high-quality CPR for a child*
• Demonstrate how to use an AED on a child*
• Perform high-quality CPR for an infant*
• Describe how to use an AED on an infant*
• Demonstrate how to help a choking infant*
*Child and infant modules are optional.
At the end of the Heartsaver First Aid Course, students will be able to:
• List the priorities, roles, and responsibilities of first aid rescuers
• Describe the key steps in first aid
• Remove protective gloves
• Find the problem
• Describe the assessment and first aid actions for the following life-threatening conditions: heart attack, difficulty breathing, choking, severe bleeding, shock, and stroke
• Describe when and how to help a choking adult or child
• Use an epinephrine pen
• Control bleeding and bandaging
• Recognize elements of common injuries
• Recognize elements of common illnesses
• Describe how to find information on preventing illness and injury
• Recognize the legal questions that apply to first aid rescuers
Because this tool is electronic, there are no separate instructor resources (e.g. check lists, equipment lists). All Instructor resources are accessible electronically through CPRverify at www.CPRverify.org.
Heartsaver courses are intended for anyone with little or no medical training who needs a course completion card for job, regulatory or other requirements. These courses can also be taken by anyone who wants to be prepared for an emergency in any setting.
The Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Instructor Manual eBook is for use by AHA BLS and Heartsaver Instructors. Each Instructor must have his/her own copy of the Instructor Manual for teaching Heartsaver courses.
Please go to https://ebooks.heart.org/staticcms/support and click on “technical requirements” to get the most recent technical specifications of this product.