Teaching & Learning Strategies -Institutiona
Item number: NLN-3028
- This product is not available to purchase online
- Request more information
In this course, you will be focusing on teaching/learning strategies. Guidelines and considerations for incorporating simulations as a teaching/learning strategy will be discussed. Integrating simulation into class, clinical and laboratory experiences will be explored. Field-tested strategies will be offered. Resources offered in this course will include a directory of organizations and their list serves and web-based moulage resources. The Educator's Toolkit for this course includes a recipe book for homemade moulage, an example of a commercial basic and advanced scenario, a sample rotation schedule for rotating student groups through simulations and a sample confidentiality statement.Objectives
1. Discuss simulation teaching/learning strategies.
2. Explore techniques for introducing simulation in class, clinical and laboratory settings.
3. Describe the issues and concepts confronted when facilitating simulation in a teaching-learning environment.
4. Discuss common challenges the educator may encounter when using simulations as a teaching-learning strategy.
Deborah Henderson PhD, RN is a full professor and associate director for BSN programs in the School of Nursing, Ohio University, Athens, Ohio. Dr. Henderson has researched the use of debriefing methods in clinical simulation. She is active in researching and writing on technology use in nursing education and teaching and learning strategies.