The AHA’s eBook Store provides 24/7 access to browse, purchase, view, and download AHA CPR, first aid, and advanced cardiovascular care materials. The AHA’s eBooks Store supports online access via Internet browser or offline access on mobile devices using the AHA eBooks app or the offline reader, iPublishCentral.
The AHA’s PEARS Course has been updated to reflect new science in the 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC. This classroom, Instructor-led, video-based course teaches healthcare providers caring for pediatric patients the foundational skills needed to assess, recognize, and participate in the initial management of respiratory and/or cardiovascular emergencies and cardiopulmonary arrest. During the course, case-based instruction will be used to teach students to provide appropriate lifesaving interventions within the initial minutes of response until the child is transferred to an advanced life support provider.
The goal of the PEARS Provider Course is to improve outcomes for pediatric patients by preparing healthcare providers in assessment, early recognition, prompt communication, and initial intervention in patients with respiratory emergencies, shock, and cardiopulmonary arrest by using high-performance team dynamics.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to
• Perform BLS consistent with the 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC)
• Evaluate a seriously ill or injured child by using the pediatric systematic approach
• Apply effective team dynamics
• Demonstrate initial stabilization of a seriously ill or injured child, including a child with cardiac arrest, respiratory distress, or shock
Students who successfully complete the PEARS Course (including achieving a score of 84% or higher on the course exam) will receive a PEARS Provider course completion card, valid for two years. Product Specifications:
The PEARS Provider Manual eBook is the electronic equivalent of the AHA’s PEARS Provider Manual. It offers an alternative to the printed course manual and is for use by a single student before, during, and after the PEARS Course.
A separate supplementary tool, the PEARS Digital Pocket Reference Card is automatically included with the purchase of the PEARS Provider Manual eBook. It is the electronic equivalent of the printed PEARS Pocket Reference Card.
The AHA’s PEARS Course is for healthcare providers and others who might encounter pediatric emergency situations during their work, including:
• Physicians and nurses not specializing in pediatrics • Nurse practitioners • Physician assistants • Emergency medical technicians • Respiratory therapists • Prehospital and in-hospital healthcare providers (outside of critical-care areas) • Outpatient clinic staff • School-based providers
Minimum technical requirements are available at https://ebooks.heart.org/staticcms/support.